Monday, August 28, 2006

HOT OFF THE PRESS!


Posted by Marny's webmaster

It's finally here! I just got my book, Linger, back from the printer. The book is an extension of my song "Linger", which is about a mother's bittersweet feelings of loss and pride on her child's first day of school. The talented artist, Megan Mansbridge - also from Lumsden, has beautifully illustrated the book, which incorporates the setting of Saskatchewan's picturesque Qu'Appelle Valley.

The first official Linger book launch and art show takes place on Wednesday, September 5 from 6:30-8:30 pm at the Lumsden Library in my hometown of Lumsden, Saskatchewan. If you're in the area and can make it out, please come and say hello to Megan (the talented illustrator) and me. We'd be happy to sign a copy of the book for you and show you the original artwork for the book.

Other book signings and art shows will take place on:
  • Thursday, September 14 from 6:00-8:00 pm at The Last Mountain Lake Cultural Centre, Regina Beach, SK
  • Friday, September 29 from 7:00-9:00 pm at the Saskatchewan Cultural Exchange Society, 2431 8th Ave, Regina, SK
  • Saturday, September 30 from 1:00-3:00 pm at the Book and Brier Patch, 4065 Albert St, Regina, SK
If you can't make it to one of these events or if you'd like an advance copy of the book, you can purchase Linger via my website, www.girlsinger.ca/merchandise.htm. You can also hear my song, "Linger" on my website at www.girlsinger.ca/Music.htm.

Take care and it'd be great to hear from you.
Marny