Friday, November 10, 2006

Hello there from Girl Singer Land.


Posted by Marny's webmaster

I hope this finds you safe and well. This year marks the 80th Anniversary of the Legions in Canada. I was fortunate to be able to perform at a fundraiser for Legion #001 which is in Regina, Saskatchewan. Imagine that! Legion #001 right here under my nose. There were performances from Eileen Laverty, La Raquette à Claquettes, John McDermott and myself. Pamela Wallen gave an amazing and thought-provoking speech about Canada's involvement in the war.

Parts of the fundraiser, which was called "A Night To Remember", will be edited and aired on CBC's National Broadcast of "Sounds Like Canada" on Friday, November 10 at 10:00 am. If you can, tune in to your local CBC radio station or check it out on the web at www.cbcradio.ca. In the picture above I am standing with legendary tenor John McDermott and my friend Corporal Jamie Sinclair, who recently served in Afghanistan. This weekend I'm going to take time to remember the efforts of our veterans of the past, and show my support for the soldiers involved with the war today. I hope you will find some time to do the same. Take care and God bless.

Marny